Looking for the ultimate shave? You can't get any smoother than a straight razor shave. In this step by step guide Ben Hardwick, barber at Pall Mall Barbers, shows you how to do it.
You Will Need
- shaving cream
- shaving brush
- moisturising and cooling lotion
- straight razor
- Cover the face with a hot towel to soften the bristles. If you shave yourself after a shower you will not have to do this.
- Apply the shaving cream with a brush, moving it in a circular motion to raise the hairs.
- Pull the skin back with your thumb and fingers while you shave; this will keep it tight and give you a smoother finish.
- Hold the blade at an angle of about 30 degrees to the face.
- The hair at the bottom of the neck often grows upwards; if your hair is like this, make sure your shave upwards, always going with the grain.